The start of Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
February 25th 2011
Published: February 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It has taken a while to return to the Blog but here we are. Waiting for an overnight departure to our next destination. Our first stop after Chile was Mendoza, Argentina. We took a bus during the day, whihc is very unlike us because we prefer to travel at night so as to save money on lodging. We decided to do a day trip to Mendoza because we wanted to enjoy the trip, and man was it beautiful, up through the Andes, clowing climbing higher and higher and the narrowest roadss imagineable. There were times when we were grabbing eachother on the turn because we couldn´t even see the road, just the long ASS drop. After the long journey and going through ¨auduanas¨ we arrived in Mendoza and walked around town in search of an economical hostel... We paid a bit more than we thought it was worth, but started our hostel journey meeting fellow travelers, a loine girl from Canada.
In Mendoza we did a lot of walking and exploring the city, lounging in Plazas and enjoying the pedestrian only streets. Unfortunately we stumbled across way better hostels after our committment to the initial. Its okay, all a learning experience. We did a day trip to a small town where there are thermal baths from natural hot springs, called Cacheuta (an indigenious word meaning place with hot water). The place was more of a water park and while we were anxious to soak up some sun and enjoy the water we arrived and were welcomed by thick grey clouds and the start of some rain. Luke enjoyed a lap around the water park in the ¨wave pool¨ or current stream of water. After an hour or so we headed back to Mendoza. Mendoza was a great time enojying good food and cruising the beautiful city streets.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb