Making it to Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
October 4th 2010
Published: October 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

What a bus trip through the Andes Mountains! We left Santiago after some fun at the bus terminal where Alex and Adrian didn't bring along there bus tickets, which were emailed to us when you purchased them. After a little bit of trouble we managed to print them out and start our first South American bus ride. As this was the first time we decided that the 8 hours was to much time to not be in luxury, so we snapped up the bottom level full cama option. Basically the first class of bus tickets, and it was a Good Choice! There first couple hours we pretty standard driving through country Chile. Lots of farms and very small towns, as we started the climb through the mountains the scenery improved. Huge moutains either side and snow peaks. The bus driver also had a no breakin policy, which he enforced. We over took eveything and anything. As the climb got steeper, I snapped a few photos of some of the mountains. Alex had one of windows and Adrian the other i used them as my cameramen. We reached the boarder between Chile and Argentina. With a couple bus in front of us the driver announced in Spanish "something", we all looked at each other unsure of what to do, exited the bus and headed towards immiragation. Massive line awaited us. Finally we had stamps in our passports and we keen to get back on the bus and continue our trip, unluckily for us an old couple had tried to get through the boarder with 20 plus pairs of new Nike sneakers and huge amounts of clothes and other crap. The old lady started going mental, I have no idea what she was going on about but there were hands waving everywhere and slot screaming. After an hour and a half finally the old couple returned to the bus, we started of heading to Mendoza, but not before the bus gave the a roaring round of applause. The next few hours seemed to fly past, except for Alex, he had no book and no music so pretty much stared out the window at the same scenery of hours. I actually mentioned to Alex my amazement at the formation of the hills on his side, his response wasn't great, silence followed by something along the lines of I've being staring at that @$$& @@$&@& for the last hour, "&$& @&$ ! He then turned his head and returned to his scenery. Soon afterwards we arrived in Mendoza, excited to see our second Sth American city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb