Bonanza!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
December 18th 2008
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bikes and WineBikes and WineBikes and Wine

Me and Tas having some vino
Made it to Mendoza and met up with Tas. Stayed in a hostel called Winca's which was pretty cool. First thing we did was go for a quick beer, then find somewhere to have steak! We went to a restaurant called Florencia and had the best tenderloin ever! I think this was actually the best restaurant in town, as the hostel people recommended it and it was always packed. The next day we went on thi Bikes and Wines Tour which basically involves you hiring mountain bikes for the day and cycling to all the different vine yards in the area. As well as visiting the vineyards and sampling all the wine, they also had chocolate and olive oil factories which you can also visit and do their little tours. We went to this one place where they made chocolate, jams, liquors and they had all these different fruit trees. Tas cained all their apricots!
Our second (and last) day in Mendoza we went to this guacho ranch and done a bit of horse riding with a guy called Diego! There was a bit of confusion whether or not we booked the tour with lunch, so Diego actualy started the BBQ
Horse ridingHorse ridingHorse riding

The gaucho boys!
and found out that the hostel didnĀ“t book lunch for us. Not to worry, since he started the BBQ anyway, Me Tas and Boucs went to the supermarket, bought near enough a whole cow and took it back to the ranch for Diego to cook! It was funny when he saw what we got, he said to us "You have enough food for 10 people!". This was such a great day out, just chiling on this ranch drinking red wine and every 15 minutes you would here Diego's voice saying "More meat boys?" Im sure you guys know what the answer would have been!
Back to the hostel to catch our overnighter to Bariloche.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

On the gaucho ranchOn the gaucho ranch
On the gaucho ranch

The boys with Diego
On the Gaucho ranchOn the Gaucho ranch
On the Gaucho ranch

Our reward - but is it enough!


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb