Lakes!


Advertisement
South America
December 21st 2008
Published: March 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

BarilocheBarilocheBariloche

The Lake District - Treking at Cerro Campanario.
After an 18 hour bus journey we arrived in Bariloche. This is place is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a place called Kahuin Lodge which was 15KM out of town and the hostel owner Daniel actually built the place himself! It was a really cosy wooden lodge and in the evenings we would sit by the fireplace sipping our red wine and eating our steak!

There was so much to do here. The first day we went treking up Cerro Campanario which was only 1Km from our hostel, so we walked to the entrance and decided to trek to the top as opposed to taking the cable cart. Absolutely stunning views of the lakes when you reach the top.

Other activities included biking and treking and we also went Kayaking which was cool. Boucs and I also cained loads of chocolate here - I kept disappearing all the time, then Boucs would find me in a chocolate shop!

We also discovered a Chinese buffet which had an extra little grilled meats section - Me, Tas and Boucs - Trust me we had a field day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Treking in Cerro CampanarioTreking in Cerro Campanario
Treking in Cerro Campanario

Made it to the top!
BarilocheBariloche
Bariloche

Bike riding in the lake District
BarilocheBariloche
Bariloche

Kayaking in the Lake District
The Kahuin LodgeThe Kahuin Lodge
The Kahuin Lodge

Daniel the hostel owner


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb