Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
August 3rd 2008
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mendoza.....the place of the Malbec wine.

Here we caught up with our friends from Farellones Ski Hostel Andrea and Jeremiah and enjoyed a few days of drinking wine and drinking wine! Mendoza is one of the most beautiful cities we have visited so far. Lots of big, open, well-kept parks with big trees lining the streets. We went to three wineries while we were here. It was very interesting for us to see how they made wine here in Argentina. One distinct difference that we noticed as we got shown around there cellars is the way they process there wine. Here they do it in what is called concrete pools instead of stainless steel tanks. Its a very traditional way, though we seen these concrete tanks in both old and new wineries as they believed it is the best way to make the wine, rather than use stainless steel tanks and have to use machines to keep the wine at the right temperature.

Another great thing about Mendoza was that they had an awesome yarn shop, so Andrea and I went a bit crazy and bought 7 balls of yarn each, so there is going to be a lot of knitting to be done on future bus trips! I’ll keep you posted on my next beanies and scarfs I make.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Jana Jana
Jana

enjoying a good wine
The BoysThe Boys
The Boys

Drew and Jeramiah
The GirlsThe Girls
The Girls

Andrea and Jana


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb