Cordoba


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba
December 1st 2007
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

One day when the weather wasn´t so conducive to flying, Jamie and I took a trip to Cordoba, a 2 hour bus ride from La Cumbre. Cordoba is considered to be the educational centre of Argentina, with 7 univerisities in town. It´s busy and vibrant, and after almost 2 weeks in La Cumbre, a little overwhelming! Cars honking, people crowding on the street...we felt like folks from the country, taking our big trip into the city. But the feeling quickly wore off, and was replaced with excitement...SHOPS!! We were able to buy our Trekking in Patagonia lonely planet, and I also got to try Havanna alfajores for the first time...and a second time...

There are lots of nice cafes and restaurants, and Jamie and I spent the day just walking around the town and taking in the sights. We visited the Iglesia Cathedral, and took a walk down the Manzana de las Luces (also known as the block of enlightenment). We ran into some of Jamie's paragliding friends - it constantly suprises me how often you run into people you know, even when you're travelling so far from home. I think everyone is following similar routes, so you see the same people over and over. It's kind of nice!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb