Estancia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Rio Ceballos
March 7th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The EstanciaThe EstanciaThe Estancia

View of the surroundings
We packed up our tents bright (or not so bright) and early and had breakfast. The cook group made scrambled eggs by the bucketful!!

The bus then drove off towards a horseriding ranch we would be staying at for three nights. We stopped off on the way for cooking ingredients as whilst there would be a barbecue for one night organised by the Estancia (ranch), the remaining meals were to be self-catered. We stopped at a Supermarket this time as there was no local market in the vicinity. The scenery - as we went up into the hills approaching the Estancia - was reallt lovely. Rolling green hills and pretty villages. We arrived at the Estancia around 3.00 pm. We were delighted not to have to camp and we had the only double room as both other couples were more than happy to set up tents in the lush green grass.

Unfortunately, we had to share the ensuite bathroom with others who mainly had bunks in a dorm.

Ed had a game of darts in the Tambo (which apparently is the word for Dairy but is now the Games Room) and we read a while and lazed around.
Wine tasting at the EstanciaWine tasting at the EstanciaWine tasting at the Estancia

A good selection of wines and cheeses


In the evening, Kevin the owner (Argentinian but grew up/educated in the UK) invited all of us to a wine tasting on his ranch. There were a couple of varieties of cheese and crackers and four different varieties of wine with 20 bottles in all to sample, some of which were produced specifically for the Ranch. Some people were obviously fairly merry afterwards and went on to further alcohol later in the Games Room and had a late night!. The wine was really quite good and far better than what was on offer at the wineries although same grape varieties. We left at 10.00 pmish as neither of us wanted further food and so went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb