Peninsula Valides


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut
February 10th 2006
Published: March 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a luxurious overnight coach trip (full reclining seats, food, wine, films, not what buses are like back home) we arrived in Puerto Madryn (about half way down Argentina on the atlantic coast) which is rather like a windier version of Skegness. After a night we jumped ship to Peurto Piramides, a village surrounded by sand dunes on the peninsula its self and much more pleasant. Managed to convince Em to go snorkelling (before she found out that there was a sea lion colony just around the corner and the area is known for Killer Whales) and have also been deep sea fishing with some friends from home (Ben and Subhani, who were going to be travelling with for the next month or so). Angus is still miffed he caught absolutely no fish and is reminiscing about the 'one that got away which was definately a hundred pound Marlin', just to rub it in Emily caught a 3kg wopper (see photo). The area is full of amazing wildlife and some pretty good scenery, so far we´ve seen sea lions, elephant seals, penguins, guanacos and even a couple of armadillos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Catch of the dayCatch of the day
Catch of the day

Note the marigolds - Emily is allergic to fish. Tasted pretty good when bbq´d but unfortunately Em had to make do with burgers, all the more for me.
UsUs
Us

Why, when you ask passers by to take a photo of you, do they never manage to take a good one?


14th March 2006

Re. Bad picture taking by passers- by
Well Angus, they can only work with the material they are given. Emily looks lovely.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb