Argentine Patagonia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut
November 28th 2006
Published: November 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Argentine Patagonia


Wow, we had such a great time in Patagonia. From el Calafate we took a day trip to the Torres de Paine national park and spent some time hiking on the Moreno Glacier which was so cool, it is so massive and makes you feel so tiny.

el Chalten was a really neat frontier town, dirt roads and horse corrals right off the main road. It truly makes you feel like you are at the end of the world. You bump along on a 4 hour bus ride from el Calafate just to get to the next "town" that is a mere few blocks long. We really lucked out and got nice weather our second day there and were able to see the Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre mountain spires up close, amazing.

Back in el Calafate we made a K9 friend, a beautiful German Shepard (wild - as are most of the zoodles of dogs roaming the streets down here). He sat near us (not begging) one night during our dinner at a table on the street. After our meal Lisa snuck some of her leftovers by "accidently" missing the trash can near where he was curled up enjoying the last few rays of sun in the late evening. A few minutes later as we strolled along to do some window shopping, he came down the street to see where we had gone... seemingly saying muchas gracias. He also saw us off several mornings later at the bus station, as we left for el Chalten.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb