ANOTHER SEA DAY - JANUARY 25


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Puerto Madryn
January 26th 2013
Published: January 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

AT SEA JANUARY 25 Another sea day with no real change in routine, lectures for those so inclined, eating, drinking, gambling, reading, movies, shopping, exercising, doing laundry, etc., etc., etc. There was a Mariner’s Society brunch which was very well attended. The captain gave a toast to the lady on board with the most sailing days, 680 in this case. I then went to the beer tasting event (not good today, two light beers were on the list) and then to the explorer’s wine tasting event. I’m really learning a lot and the cellar master is outstanding. The planned hour session extended to two and the planned five wines expanded to six. If you like wine but don’t know much about it, consider attending a session at the beginning of your next cruise; see if you like the cellar master and the nature of the wines you are tasting. The $25. fee was very reasonable in my opinion.

The entertainment was good tonight, three performers backed up by the five piece ship orchestra. An exceptional jazz pianist and vocalist, Judy Carmichael, an exceptional flutist, Viviana and a very good tenor, Endmondo Rahme were the headliners for the variety show. Then I was on my quest to find some subjects for pictures. When you hang around the bars enough, the bar tenders will challenge you with tricks and demonstrations of magic. Some of them are just silly stuff (think outside of the box for the solution), but some are real challenging problems requiring good insights to solve.

The room stewards prepare “towel art” each night. Some displays are complex, some simple. Tonight’s display was an octopus. It brings a smile to your face when you see these as you prepare to retire.

Tomorrow we see land with our stop in Puerto Madryn, Argentina.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BAR TENDERS TRICKBAR TENDERS TRICK
BAR TENDERS TRICK

BALANCE TWO FORKS ON A TOOTHPICK
TOWEL ARTTOWEL ART
TOWEL ART

OCTOPUS


Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb