Arrival in Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 6th 2017
Published: January 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I arrived at Buenos Aires airport at around 9.30am local time. I messaged Erin (a girl who responded to my itinerary that I posted on a lonely planet forum) when I landed and saw her in the security queue. We met after we both went through customs and arranged to get a transfer bus to the hostel together. The hostel we were staying at was called Milhouse Hostel Hipo and it was in a great location. It was very hot and humid when we arrived (approx 30 degrees). When we checked in to the hostel Scarlet was already there and it was really nice to see her! We had to wait till 2pm to check in. When we checked in we showered and went for a wonder around the area. It is a really beautiful city! We got some pizza and then we headed back to the hostel. We met some girls and we all decided we really wanted to go for steak. There was 11 of us so finding a table was difficult. We ended up splitting up into two different groups. Our group got unlucky and it was honestly one of the worst steaks I've ever had! Very overcooked and dry. No one eating there was eating steak so we should have known! It was 6 of us - me, Scarlet, Erin, Bella and two other girls who I can't remember the names off! The meal was saved as everyone was great company and we just chilled and had a few beers. When we headed back to the hostel it was quite late. The hostel company have two different hostels in the area and we headed to the other one as there was a party going on. It was quite similar to a school disco so a few of us went downstairs and played drinking games. It was really nice cos we stayed up drinking till about 3am and had some really interesting conversations. It's so nice to hear what other people are doing in South America as well and getting tips! We headed back to the hostel quite drunk and I slept like a baby!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb