Day 3


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
May 31st 2015
Published: May 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

We went to ParanĂ¡ Delta today and had lunch there. I went to my first of many (hopefully) parrilla. I had a delicious beef sandwich called lomito. The delta was filled with shops and restaurants. There were many stalls selling trinkets and furniture and glasses and anything you could imagine. Throngs of people stroll about, afterall, it is a nice sunny Sunday in winter.

We took a cruise along Rio Parana de las Palmas. The river is a dirty yellow colour but ironically, the colour isn't caused by dirt, but rather that is its natural colour. There were many houses with their own piers along the rivers. There are many established rowing clubs along the river as well. Canoes, rowing boats, speed boats, other tourist boats like ours could be seen along the river.

The houses came in different shapes and sizes. There were really grand houses for affluent people to spend their weekends sunbathing or canoeing; but there were also dilapidated houses with its occupants using the river as their main source of washing and cleaning. The inequality in wealth becomes really obvious when these houses are built next to each other. It was a very fascinating sight to see.

The river itself was also very captivating. It would branch out into smaller streams at its side and trees would hang low along the banks, creating an enchanting and somewhat mysterious atmosphere. Some parts resemble the Amazon river seen in books and movies. I really did enjoy the cruise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb