Day 2


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
May 30th 2015
Published: May 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke up in the afternoon. Lazed about and read a book called "all the light we cannot see". It is an amazingly well-written book. I would recommend it to everyone.

We had lunch around 3 (normal argentinian lunch hour) and finally decided to drag ourselves out. Well, not exactly out. We cruised through gated compounds and stopped at a 'high class' area filled with shops and cafes. Nordelta, it's called.

I feel that the inequality gap in Argentina is really vast. The rich have their nice cars and huge houses and machine gun armed guards. Outwith the compounds, people mostly clad in Adidas track suits roam about minding their daily business in the 'slums'. But is it the slums? Or is it just the normal part of Argentina? I don't really know. But watching these people and their graffiti infested walls and their shops made me really want to just walk through them, pretending to be a local, soaking in their culture.

Again, we didn't do much today. Although friends of my friend came over for dinner and stayed late into the night drinking and socialising. It was the Argentinian life I guess and it was good to experience it, but I really hope that I would have to chance to explore this gargantuan city and its hidden treasures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb