Catching Up!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
August 25th 2010
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a 24 hour journey, we (group of 14 joining another group of 14 already in situ) were very tired. I don't tend to sleep on aircraft but I am pleased to say that contrary to what we were led to believe we were fed, we did have entertainement and blankets (the group leader was having a joke!). It took a day to feel human again but it was exciting meeting up with everyone else and soon we found our feet and were part of the action. So much action, in fact, that this blog is having to be done in retrospect. I didn't manage to get online at Hogar el Alba and started to make notes in my journal but we seemed to be busy the whole time so I thought it would be easier just to take a load of photos to share.

Before posting the photos, some descriptions of the activities:-

Preparing the 'gym' (which looked more like a vast hangar) for the mega festival; building/decorating work; cutting and sticking decorations for the 'megafest'; face painting - practising and for real; chiselling and sanding walls; sweeping and clearing; helping children with reading and computing; football and the other photos speak for themselves!

We did get a break or two and visited Buenos Aires (where the group photo was taken) and a couple of other places ie a ranch, Colonia and the Tigre Delta.

We were very sad to leave Hogar el Alba and have brought back many amazing memories especially of our new friends from Argentina. I would definitely go back if I had the opportunity! Enjoy the photos!




Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DSC07435DSC07435
DSC07435

The ceiling for the mega festival.
DSC07560DSC07560
DSC07560

Festival decoration
DSC07576DSC07576
DSC07576

Practising with the face paints


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb