Tozer Honeymoon - Week 4: Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
October 2nd 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ola Chicas y Chicos,

We are now a month into our travels and getting into the swing of things in South America. We have been hanging out in Buenos Aires for almost a week now and it is living up to its reputation as a party city. Unfortunately it is also a city of opportunists and whilst out one evening we had our camera pickpocketed from my bag! The worst part is that we had a weeks worth of photos that we hadn't backed up and so have lost forever. So sadly we don't have any pictures to upload at the moment, but I will give a quick run down of what we have been up to.

We travelled from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, which are the biggest waterfalls in the world, and spent two days wandering around the beautiful national park. The park was jam packed full of wild life. I have never seen so many buterflies in my life, quite often they would come and settle on you 😊 We also got close to lots of black vultures (it is quite disconcerting standing under a tree with a number of vultures perched above you). On the second day we took a picnic with us which obviously smelt very attractive to some of the local animals which look like a cross between a racoon and and anteater. We saw one of them climb a tree in about two jumps and position himself ready to leap at my bag - even though they were cute I was a little nervous at this point as Dave is telling me to stand still while he tries to take a photo. But the falls were the real showstoppers and could be seen from a number of different vantages points and trails throughout the park.

From Iguacu we travelled by coach to Buenos Aires. The journey took about 16 hours, but it was like travelling first class as we got a leather armchair that fully reclined into a bed. We have been enjoying the city, trying to practice our spanish and meeting lots of other travellers from all over the world.

We hope to buy a new camera today so will get snapping and upload very soon.

Big love Mr & Mrs T

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb