La Boca


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 30th 2008
Published: January 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So today we are headed out for La Boca. No sooner do we get out the door, we see the first of the dog sitters in action. Dog sitting is big business in BA; if you go to any park you will see many dog sitters, each with many dogs. You may also notice in the background a picture of a Mini Cooper - the count is now Mini Coopers -10, 1959 Ford Falcons - 61. Anyway, into the cab and a short ride to La Boca. La Boca is the place where the tango was first started more than a century ago. If you were from New York you would think of La Boca as a cross between Chinatown and Little Italy, in other words, one big tourist trap. So we entered the Caminito Fair to do a little shopping, seems like shopping is on the menu everyday doesn’t it??? As we moved further into the fair, we noticed there was an opportunity to do the Tango. There were many people there taking their best shot at it, so I chose myself a partner and went to on to dance - I must say my partner was a lot better at the tango than I was, but then she just looked the part. Jo caught a few pictures of us doing various moves.
After I was all tangoed out, we went on to have lunch in “downtown” La Boca. The restaurant didn’t look like anything special, but the food was very good and the waitress was very nice. After lunch we took a walk around the backside of Puerto Madera, through the nature preserve. We also got the opportunity to see some of the new architecture in BA; there is still an awful lot of new construction going on here - I guess they have yet to learn how to spell recession?
After this leisurely stroll, it was time to hit the pool for a while before dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



30th January 2008

Haveing fun
It looks like you and Jo are haveing a great time, glad to see you both are enjoying retirement! Love reading someone elses blog for a change

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb