A wet month in BA


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
April 23rd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Argentine TangoArgentine TangoArgentine Tango

Itś one of those things that everyone sees at some stage, students earning their keep dancing Tango in the plazas.
5 weeks in Buenos Aires

As most of you know by now, Trish had to have some eye surgery while we were here, so that meant 5 more weeks of Buenos Aires life for us. This time it was a little different because we chose what must have been the wettest 5 weeks in porteño history! It did give us a chance to catch up with friends and to say farewell to some of them. It also meant we could pay a final visit to some of our favourite restaurants!!

As well as what has appeared on other blog entries, we caught up on our cinema viewing and went to one cultural event! There was a presentation at the British Arts Centre about The Mimosa which brought the early Welsh settlers to Patagonia. It was a very interesting evening.

We managed two trips to theatres too. The first one was a play produced by Mario’s brother. It was in a cosy little theatre and all in Spanish, so we didn’t get any of the funny bits! It was very dramatic though and a great experience. The second one was something we feel all visitors to BA should see.
Ateno Bookstore.Ateno Bookstore.Ateno Bookstore.

Wow, it's big. Find it on Santa Fe in an old theatre.
It is a musical based around tango dancing and the arrival of Europeans in La Boca. It is called Tanguera and was a fabulous evening of music, song and dance. If you want to take memories away with you, we suggest you go and see it.

I also needed to renew my passport. The British Embassy were very efficient and our bad recollections of La Paz 3 years ago are now well behind us!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Palermo Park Lake in floodPalermo Park Lake in flood
Palermo Park Lake in flood

There was so much rain the Palermo Park lake flooded.
PedaloesPedaloes
Pedaloes

For some reason we never got round to taking a pedalo ride on the lake.
Farewell JosephFarewell Joseph
Farewell Joseph

Farewell Joseph. Hope to see you in Boston (USA) one day.
The MimosaThe Mimosa
The Mimosa

The Mimosa was the boat which brought the first Welsh settlers to Patagonia. We went to the British Arts Council to see a presentation about a book on the subject, due for release later this year.
The Mothers' BridgeThe Mothers' Bridge
The Mothers' Bridge

We loved strolling around Puerto Madero on a sunny day!
A New Passport!A New Passport!
A New Passport!

Wow, 92 Pounds for a new passport!
Russ and VincentRuss and Vincent
Russ and Vincent

Russ always thought Vincent Van Gogh's pallette was a pizza!
Facial GrowthFacial Growth
Facial Growth

It's gone now!!


25th April 2007

Time for another trip
I never got around to the pedal boats, either!! This calls for another trip. Man, I miss it....
26th April 2007

can't wait to hear about teaching in Salta! Is that still the plan?

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb