We got here


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Auckland yesterday and started to feel we had made a huge error in judgment when we heard everyone in the que and couldn't understand one word. The flight was good, but very hot. It was only cool at take off and landing. The on board entertainment was not working but it was good anyway, the food was nice, but most was labeled 'made in Australia' which stuck in the gullet a bit. Learn't some spanish - leche and aqua so it was good.
We got through customs OK, sent through with all the old people, then lined up for ages to change the money. We caught a taxi to our Hotel and went through 3 tolls on the way. They drive very fast here, on the right side and toot alot. We have seen people on their motor bikes with their helmet's tipped right back so the visor area is on the top of their heads.
It is soo hot here, expected 36 at 3pm today.

We've noticed the footpaths are very treacherous, with tiles missing etc. There are heaps of lovely old buildings but most appear in poor repair. We have seen policemen everywhere, they carry great big truncheons and guns on their hips. A lot of shops and banks seem to have security guards. We notice young children with their mothers begging. Paul went out for a walk at midnight last night and saw young children 10-12 asleep in the parks and roadsides. This has shocked us New Zealanders.
We're off to explore some more, catch you later.
PS Not missing work yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb