Happy New Year


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
December 31st 2006
Published: December 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Its been about a week or so since I recovered my passport. A few hours after picking it up from the embassy, Centor, Craig and I, boarded an eight hour bus to Mendoza, Argentina. We somehow got on a mini-bus and had the whole thing to ourselves. The driver (who had his wife and 15 year old son with him) was very nice to us. After ascending into the Andes, he stopped a few times for us to take pictures and grab lunch. We got to Mendoza late in the afternoon and met a kid whose father owned a hostel and had sent him to the bus station to go "fishing for gringos". The hostel was right in town and the owner, Ariel, was extremely hospitable. Mendoza is right in the heart of the Argentinean wine country. Mendoza is also a college town and has a very laid back atmosphere. Unfortunately we only had one day to spend, but luckily Ariel knew exactly where to show us around. We toured several wineries, a chocolate factory and a had a ridiculous lunch (steak, bottles of wine, the whole deal for $10). Later that day we took an overnight 15 hour bus ride to Buenos Aires.

We have spent the last 5 days or so in Buenos Aires. Centor´s friend, Brian, who he goes to law school with, joined us in BA. Strauss came in yesterday for the day, and we are meeting the rest of the Strauss family for a drink in about 20 mins.

Buenos Aires is a great city. Very modern, lots of hot girls, great restaurants and plenty of areas to walk around (all filling my NY void). Last night we stayed out late enough to watch the sun rise...in fact I think I got in bed around 6:30. While this seems a bit absurd, (I promise we weren´t doing anything illegal, father) folks here eat dinner very late, so the bars stay open all night long.

Not exactly sure what we are going to do tonight. I definitely will be taking advantage of the siesta, before partaking in any New Years festivities.

We are planning on heading north to Foz de Aguazu (Iguazu Falls) after New Years. After the falls we will most likely head down to Montevideo, Uruguay and then over to Punta del Este, Uruguay (beach town about 2 hours from Montevideo). Centor leaves in about a week, so were gonna try to see as much as we can before he heads back to that trade school of his in Charlottesville.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well and has a happy and healthy new year!!!

Advertisement



31st December 2006

Happy New Year!!
Marc----thanks for your blog! You know I love reading it. To all of y'all----Happy, healthy New Year!! Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your trip! Lots of love
1st January 2007

Happy New Year
Marc, you seem to not miss a trick!!!HAVE FUN, BE SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Love Ginger and Jerry
1st January 2007

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!
Just read your blog, so glad to hear you're having such a great time. Say hello to the Strauss family for us. We're all at the beach right now to celebrate the new year. Thanks for keeping us updated, we love reading the blog and can't wait to hear what happens next. Happy New Year!
1st January 2007

dinner
Bears #1 seed. Falcons at home getting herpes and firing coaches. I want the most expensive restaurant in B-ham. Chump...
2nd January 2007

Sounds like New Years in the way south is really something. I got the ransom note from the local that had your passport, bot I think he was confused as to when to ask for the money, and when to return the passport. Hope your debit card shows up soon. Love, Pop
2nd January 2007

what can I say? i travel all around but i will tell you that ARGENTINA IS THE BEST COUNTRY I SEEN> so enjoy as much as u can
2nd January 2007

happy new years buddy. glad to hear your having a great time. keep it up in 07'.
3rd January 2007

Tade School?
I was thoroughly enjoying reading about your adventures in South American until I came across the end of this most recent entry. "Trade School in Charlottesville?" I think i need to have some words with you, mr goldberg. anwyay, sounds like your having a blast and a half over there.
4th January 2007

Hey Marc
Hey Marc, I am the new Alabama coach and your Dad told me you were a big fan. He also told me you are a special little boy and are currently in South America. I just wanted to tell you that I am excited to be the new coach and I have a pizza party planned for you when you return.... Yours Truly, Nick Saban.
4th January 2007

Happy New Year!
Sounds like the passport issue was just a slight bump in the road. So glad everything worked out! Hope you had a great New Year celebration! We love hearing all about your trip...Uncle Bruce says he doesn't have to take ME now! We love you, Aunt Marcia, Uncle Bruce, Ben and Geoffrey

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb