Dead ones and life!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
December 31st 2022
Published: January 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

So we left it til last to check out the ‘sights’ of Buenos Aires - we’ve struggled a bit to really get into things here - there are some interesting and beautiful pockets, but on the whole, we’ve found it to be a big busy city with a bit of a lack of identity.

Maybe we found it today. Or maybe we’ve struggled with a combination of jet lag, the heat, the constant worry of Covid scuppering our plans combined with lots of lining up.

First stop today was a local coffee shop then a walk to Recoleta Cemetery. A wander around looking at some of the very ornate graves, possibly a missed opportunity with our lack of knowledge of Argentinian history. But we soaked up the peace and pondered the creepiness of a nighttime tour!

Next stop was La Boca where we grabbed some lunch and enjoyed the kerb-side tango show and drumming demonstration on one side and singing and music on another. A wander around Caminito with all its atmospheric colourful buildings before the pool called us back to the apartment.

Grocery stop for dinner, a quick swim and a family movie night to see out the year. Fingers crossed for a successful start to 2023!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb