Tigre!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Tigre
December 6th 2008
Published: December 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola again!!

Im stuck in Mendozas bus terminal for another few hours as i wasnt allowed on the earlier bus so i thought i might as well carry on with my blogs while im on a roll and have time..... although these ones will be shorter because im starting to get square eyes! ;o)

Tigre is a popular river-front town an hour north of BA! The boats to Uruguay are cheaper from Tigre than from BA so Aubrey and I decided to spend a few days in Tigre on the way to Uruguay! There was only one hostel we could find in Tigre so it was obviously really expensive, although luckily i had a HI card which made it a bit cheaper! That afternoon we just wandered around the town and then relaxed in the hostel and had an early night - my hayfever was awful for a few days so was fed up! The next day we got the boat to the Marco Polo hostel, which we had heard was an amzing hostel! The boat there up the La Plata river was really nice and scenic - there are so many beautiful colourful houses all along the river! The Marco Polo hostel was really nice.... it had its own little beach and pool (although not so great when theres no water in it!) so we just spent the day relaxing and then late afternoon we went kayaking which was fun but exhausting! There was supposed to be a little bar somewhere along the river but we couldnt find it!

The next morning we got the boat back to Tigre, had lunch, i managed to trip over my own feet in the middle of the road and cut my knee open - typical me, and then got the afternoon boat to Carmello in Uruguay!

Will put photos up soon!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb