From the start to now...


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Tigre
January 13th 2007
Published: January 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, i guess i have been bad with updates and stuff, so i have devised a nice idea...i will keep a travel blogg...yup this is it...my travel blog. there are two reasons for this, a i can share photos more easily, and be whenever i put out an update, and i still dont promise it will be more freuquent than once a month or once in six weeks, you guys will automatically get an update and can see. Though this helps me from sending multiple emails to everyone about where i am and what i a have done, chatty one on one emails are still welcome...though again, i dont promise a quick reply...grin. mainly cos i am camping and hiking for the next few months and well....getting to the internet in the middle of the bush is a bit difficult....hope u guys understand...smoooches

The start


So 01 November heralded the start of a great adventure for me, like captain cook on the starship enterprise...accept in my case it was Ansuri in the driving seat on the way to the airport. Got the plane, got to Sao Paulo, and and realised...hmmm no one speaks english...yikes. and i was studying spanish the few days before i left. And my quick and dirty guide to portuguese was somewhere deep and inaccessible in my backpack of worldly contents. So with much pointing and praying, i managed to change money, and find out how to get to the buses to the city centre. One bus and one long metro later, with the help of a friendly english speaking person, i ended up at my hostel....
I have not much to say about Sao Paulo accept it is a concrete jungle and i did not enjoy the energy in the city too much. Spent a week there just settling in to my new way of life and stuff, before i headed to curitiba....
Curitiba...solely to break the journey to Florinopolis...a beach resort. Anyhow this was a non-descript town in the middle of nowhere, and if there was no potuguese music playing it could have passed for any town anywhere in the world.

Florinopolis


A beautiful beach resort. Paradise on earth. met some really nice people there. sat on some stunning beaches. Drank some interesting stuff...including my first mate' ... a local herbal tea. stayed in a hostel where the door of my room virtually opened onto the beach...and it had a hammock that you could swing in and watch the sun set over the sea.

Argentina


So after a week in Flor, left to Beunos Aires...just got the feeling that i had to leave...and well since i could...grin ...i did.
A 25 hour bus ride later...yes 25 hours with only portuguese movies that were full of violence...not sure why...i got to Buenos Aires (BA) ...what a wonderful vibrant lively beautiful stunning jeeepers superb place. stayed there for close to a month and loved every minute. slept at 2am almost everyday and got up at 12 ready for the next party...and guess what this is how the locals do it...ok but the get up at 8 to go to work...not wçsure where they get the stamina.
Met some lovely lovely people at the hostel i was staying at. An italian...Elisabetta who i travelled all the way to Ushuaia with. WHo makes the most delish pasta sauce with just tomatoes olive oil and galic...yupo italians do know how to make pasta welll,,,and she has promised me a plain pizza that is equally delish. More importantly, she gave me a new perspective on the concept of trust. And a punch in the arm ouch. but yeah a concept that never occurred to me before...not sure if i wholely adopt it yet, but is one i am thinking around.

In all this partying, met some lovely people from Bahia Blanca....who inveted Eli and me to stay with them in Bahia Blanca. What was initially going to be a three day stay turned out to be 6 days of non stop partying again...grin. People who opened their hearts and homes to us, and WOW it was great.
I was washing dishes one day and Santi the guy we stayed with heard me sing hindhi and he was so chuffed he made me sing and he recorded it and he plays it to people....grin. and i wrote in hindhi for them and stuff...wow. felt really special.
And Cristiaan is the most beautiful drag-queen i have seen in my life. and a really beautiful peson as well.
And Alcidas...a ripper of note...does an amazing donald duck impersonation.
And i watched a spanish comedy and ripped myself silly...ok it was on dvd and there were subtitles...grin.
And i read some peoples palms...grin.

So after all of this we left on our journey south to Ushuaia ... on an overnight bus, i taught a 15 year old with his broken english and my broken spanish how to play Soduku....David Ayala his name--- a truly amazing heart warming experience. Yup i am the one who starts chatting to everyone on the bus...mostly to practise my spanish...which was not too bad at one stage but is slowly declining now cos i speak more english...ooops...

Ok look out for next blog cos thats all about Ushuaia
Oops the disc with photos up to this point is a dvd and this computer only has cd reader so i guess u guys will have to do without pics...sorry.

















Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb