Day 17


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » San Isidro
June 14th 2015
Published: June 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We visited the Plaza Mitre, opposite San Isidro Cathedral. The cathedral has been refurbished, giving it a very clean and new facade. The interior of the church was a little disappointing. The stained glasses were relatively small in size and there weren't many windows, so the inside of the church was quite dim.
Many stalls were set up in the plaza. I like walking through flea markets. This one especially because it was a sunny yet cooling (albeit slightly windy) day and the huge trees that mark the corners of the square had bamboos hung on them as decorations. One corner had branches of flowers glued to a palate of bamboo, another had windchimes hung down from the bamboos. As it was windy, they constantly formed muscial tones, livening the atmosphere. Another corner had bamboos hung in different angles forming a sort of decorative structure. Many trees dotted around the perimeter of the square and when I looked up, all I could see was the blue sky and green trees and hear the windchimes all around me. It was very peaceful and calming.
This area, San Isidro, had a colonial theme. The buildings were of that era, which I really like, and the streets are cobblestone. It is one of the oldest areas in BA.
We then went to a place close to the Peru Beach. Along Estación Las Barrancas, stalls selling antiques were set up. It ranged from rusted taps to old toys to pretty china sets. Occasionally a train would rumble past, and I'm always surprised that the displays don't fall over.
Feeling hungry, we went to a cafe called Las Violetas. I had an amazing Havanet and a small dessert called alfajorcitos de maicena. It was sweet but really good.
We then went home and watched the game between Brazil and Peru.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0914s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb