Mar Del Plata and Amazing Argies


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Mar del Plata
January 4th 2006
Published: January 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

chef augustine y la carnechef augustine y la carnechef augustine y la carne

el sabor mi amor! what a feast, such an amazing array of meat, thank you Augustine, Juancito y familia!
Arrived on a bus from Buenos Aires 7.30pm new years eve to the big smile and open arms of Juancito Boludo Bastida THE MALLORCA MAESTRO. He immediately invites the four australian reps to a family asado(bbq) to kick the night off. Awaiting is a feast of traditional argy meat, salads,deserts, vino, cervezas and a whole lot of argentinian family hospitality that greets us all with a kiss and smile that immediately makes us feel at home.

After gorging on the masses of meat, midnight hits, champagne flows and we move into the street to watch all the neighbourhood dads demonstrate to the small children how to set off a firework without hitting the close by houses. One dad was embarrassed a little as his failed to light a single one and grandma had to disgracefully push him aside to show the kids how its done. I closed my eyes a couple of times and could imagine myself in the centre of baghdad being surrounded my american artillery. the noise bounced off all the apartment building walls and houses which made for an unbelievable effect that quickly amped everyone into festive fever.

We retreated to safety in the
La familia Bastida y 4 AustralianosLa familia Bastida y 4 AustralianosLa familia Bastida y 4 Australianos

the feast, the wine, the people made for a top 5 new years.
home and continued to eat, drink and be merry drinking champagne mixed with lemon ice cream, fernet and cola and red wine and cola. It was nearly 3am by the time we started to head for the Mariano street party. We arrived to his home to find cars blocking off the street, good ol fashion futbol flares, disco lights, a dj and about 120 people dancing in the street, under the stars to the latino beats. Many conversations were had by all, from my indian spanish to Adrians nada we all managed to mix in with the intrigued locals and explain how everyone rides kangaroos to school. We met some really nice people all quick to offer you a fresh litre of beer, keen to practice their english or simply interested to learn more about a country they know very little about. It wasn´t 1999 but ol Prince/symbol would of been proud of us, we danced until the first sun of 2006 started to paint a beautiful picture at the end of the street.


A great night and i only hope oneday I have the opportunity show the same hospitality that Juan and his family and Mariano and
pato y juancitopato y juancitopato y juancito

they like wearing matching shirts and lipstick, close friends.
his family have shown us that night and over the last 4 days. We are having a beautiful time relaxing on the beach and improving our spanish a little each day. I was offered my first job yesterday in a fruit and vege store and am seriously thinking about it. This city is very laid back, the beach life and the people i have met is more than enough motivation to contemplate staying. We will head to Bariloche tomorrow night and i will think about making the 15 hour bus ride back here to maybe spend the summer eating healthy food and trying to teach english in a school or privately on the side.

2006 is full of potential and I, like the rest, have that new year energy in my stride and must try to make the most of it while its around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Mamacita y los viajerosMamacita y los viajeros
Mamacita y los viajeros

Was nice to have that family feeling again so far away from home. Gracias Mama
Shay, Dan and Pato get ready to rumbaShay, Dan and Pato get ready to rumba
Shay, Dan and Pato get ready to rumba

ain´t no south american street party with out a couple of stray flares to get the party pumpin.
Mariano el PlayboyMariano el Playboy
Mariano el Playboy

our host with the most Mariano and just one of his lovelies. muchachos here, just laugh in the face of rejection.
Juancito Juancito
Juancito

good times on the D floor
shay y adeshay y ade
shay y ade

the tequilla here is hot hot hot
magic in motionmagic in motion
magic in motion

Shay working the blonde curls, his kangaroo stories and how he loves long walks on the beach at sunset.


6th January 2006

ADVENTURES OF NICK
HAPPY NEW YEAR CHIEF! GOOD TO SEE THE ADVENTURES OF NICK ARE ROLLING ON. LIKE YOUR DAD I AM ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT PATH YOUR ADVENTURE WILL TAKE NEXT, WILL YOU GET THE GIRL OR WILL IT BE A BOY WHO KNOWS BUT IT HAS BEEN GOOD READING. GOOD TO SEE PICTURES OF YOU AND THE BOYS MUCH BETTER THAN JUST READING AN EMAIL. BABY IS GETTING CLOSE JUST UNDER FOUR WEEKS NOW, WILL LET YOU WHEN IT'S BORN.ANYWAY GOT TO GO NOW SAY HELLO TO DAN,SHAY AND BROCKY FOR ME. SPEAK TO YOU SOON MATE.
9th January 2006

Happy new Year!!
Hey Nick(and Dan!) This site is excellent and we love reading your entries as does everyone!!! Great to see photos of your night...we (deano, myself and Chris) actually put in an allnighter and saw the sun come up over the brisbane river.....Big effort for us oldies!!! So happy new year and hugs to you all from everyone herexxx Love vick, steve and boys

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb