La playa


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Mar del Plata
January 13th 2007
Published: January 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

virginia and me surfing virginia and me surfing virginia and me surfing

surfing and cooking dinner
I have had a great week at the beach. i had my doubts about coming back to mar del plata since i was here in december, because i felt like i should see more of argentina then buenos aires and mar del plata....but i am definitely happy that i made it back here! it is so much fun here! i am staying at the playa grande hotel. it has a perfect location. one block from the beach and half a block from alem. there are so many people here and beautiful girls! the group that i have been hanging out from this hostel has been great! there are two groups of girls from rosario and another group from la plata. this guy named jonnathan from tel aviv isreal is a pretty cool kid. it is basically me and him who speak english and everybody else is speaking spanish. its all good because i know spanish but he really doesn´t know it. everybody can talk a little english and they are all cool. i have not been sleeping much, but i can sleep when i get back to america...

One night when we were all going out about 10 people happened to be wearing green. pretty crazy. it was alomst like we were going out for saint patricks day!

two days ago jonnathan and i cooked dinner for 20 people in our hostel. (two days before that i ate snitzels for the first time...it is basically fried chicken that has been breaded). we went to the grocery and made a salad, baked sliced up potatoes in oil, and had some type of meat that was fried with peanuts in it. i brought my ipod speakers into the kitchen and were jamming. we had a group of the girls helping us out. half way through when we were cooking the oil from the potatoes caught fire in the oven. it was one of the scariest things that i have ever seen. the fire started coming out of the oven and jonnathan yelled it is going to blow...everybody ran out of the kitchen...i opened the oven and another girl threw water in the oven (the ovens are not like the ovens in america. you have to light it with a match to get it started...open flame). so everything turned out ok......everybody ate and was really happen afterwards!

i have gone surfing 2 times this week. i love it. on thurs. i went for like 2 hours. i got up a lot of times on a long board. i also feel a ton too. it is such great exercise plus it is also such a great rush to be on a board that is being pushed with a lot of force and then finally stand up riding it....so fun. my teacher is this guy from santa barbara, ca that is really cool....nick. he is a lot better then the teacher that i had in december. i tried to go surf this morning again, but it was so windy that there are really now waves.

i am going to be at the beach two more days and then i am going back to buenos aires to hang out for two more weeks. i like this blog a lot better. allows me to do a lot more.

Advertisement



5th February 2007

cooking
I am so glad you cooked for all those people. It looked delicious. Do they eat ranch and cheese and chinese noodles on their salads? The kitchens look small. They all have some sort of plain tiles. Sleep a little to catch up on some rest.

Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb