No hay más clases


Advertisement
Published: July 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Traditional Mate servingTraditional Mate servingTraditional Mate serving

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)
Today was our last day of classes in the school. We finished out the projects with a conversation on folklore and food, so that was pretty cool. Apparently, sharing yerba mate - the traditional Argentine tea, which looks nothing at all like what Americans think of as tea - has a lot of very strict rules.

After dinner, we went out to a bar called Basa, which was very cool. All the seating in the dining room was on couches and low-set, the bar was in a basement, and the drinks were delicious and crafted. It was somewhat funny, as several people got angsty about the "high" cost of the drinks, which hovered between AR$80 and 140. Even at those prices, the blue dollar makes them cost between U$S 5 and 10, the higher end of which would be considered average in Boston. It's simply that often cocktails cost AR$50-100 here. As I said yesterday, hilariously cheap.

From the bar we went to a club in the south side of the city that is apparently one of the best in the city for hip hop. We thought it would be cool to check out, but struck out a bit. The vibe was simply not there. The one cool thing was the dance circle, in the middle of which people would go in and breakdance. It was fun to watch, but as I am clearly not a breakdancer, I couldn't really take part in that either. If only...

Advertisement



Tot: 8.933s; Tpl: 0.258s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.4407s; 3; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb