One day more


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

As I'd stayed out late Friday night, I went to bed early(ish) last night in order to get a not-horrifically-small amount of sleep. I successfully clocked in about 8 or 9 hours before getting up for a bit of breakfast. I hung around, reading Reddit, Facebook, news, etc. for a while, before a group of us headed out at 2:00. We first went to the fair at the park in Recoleta (a neighborhood of BA with a lot of parks, the cemetery where Evita is buried, and, it happens, my homestay). The crafts there are really quite adorable - and sometimes impressive - and I enjoy going and looking around.

From the fair, we walked back to the Subte (subway). Slowly. One of my friends, Mara, didn't bring enough cash with her, so she's been trying to get some pesos out of ATMs, but her luck has truly been hilariously horrible. Of the 5 ATMs I've been around her trying to withdraw at, 4 didn't have any money in them. 1 just told her no, for no real reason. So on our walk, we stopped at almost every ATM before she finally found one that let her get money, but only a limited amount. So after getting that, she went to the next ATM to get a bit more...no luck. Again.

After laughing at that, we took the Subte to Palermo, an area in the north of BA that resembles the South End of Boston, for those of you familiar with it. What seems to be their exhibition center is there, as there was a festival there called Caminos y Sabores (literally "roads and flavors", but the tag line describes it better: "culture, flavors, and identity"). It was quite sizable, at probably a couple hundred booths. Most of the food ones had tastings available, so we enjoyed that.

For a change of pace, we then hit up a Middle Eastern restaurant for dinner, where I enjoyed shawarma and pear-leaf-wrapped rice. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share with you today, but check in again tomorrow for a bit more!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0985s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb