Buenos Aires (Part II)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 19th 2015
Published: February 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our 3 weeks in BA are quickly coming to end, what an amazing time here. Below is an extract on some of what we have been up to.

Tobs spent a day taking Spanish lessons. She really enjoyed it and that evening ordered dinner in spanish and got me my steak rare! I, on the other hand, am going to go with the point, smile and nod technique throughout the trip! I was interested though that the spanish teacher requested the $35 USD for the class to be paid to their Swiss Bank account.

We spent an afternoon taking tango lessons. I was pretty confident going in, having watched a few shows in various parts of the city, it seemed that the guys role was to walk, whilst the female did the majority of the dancing around him. Ignorance is bliss. I had to do all the work by leading and directing Sandra (who Irish danced some what professionally in her youth - think Riverdance!) around the floor. It didnt take too long before the instructor asked me to "play the wife" even though I was the only male in the class, I did however receive praise as she
Oldest Cafe in BAOldest Cafe in BAOldest Cafe in BA

Great spot for coffee (or champagne!)
stated, "I make a much better wife." It came as no surprise (to me anyway) that Sandra was a natural and picked all the steps and moves, now all she needs is a new dance partner!

Steak. I realize that everyone raves about the steak and wine (Melbec) here, but they should, and it is completely deserved. I've never had better anywhere, and the best bit is we aren't going to high end restuarants. The quality and quantity is abundant at seemingly every parilla (steak restaurant).

Sandra managed to find the most expensive strawberry milkshakes in the city...It cost approximately 9 USD, to put this in prespective I've ordered steaks for less.

Everyone seems to look after one another here and family is very important with Sundays being spent having lunch/dinner together. There is a real community feel about the neighbourhoods, as we've seen waiters help the elderly from the restaurants to their homes. There are police on every corner, and they also are very friendly and involved with the locals and people in neighbourhood.

This is a truly impressive city, with wonderful people, food, architecture, and culture.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Us at a Jazz ClubUs at a Jazz Club
Us at a Jazz Club

Copious steak eating is begining to take its toll on Mags!
Recoletta cemeteryRecoletta cemetery
Recoletta cemetery

The cemetery is a maze of mausoleums many dating back 500 or more years. Was a very interesting place to walk around and see the different buildings and styles especially as the centuries progressed.
Tango stepsTango steps
Tango steps

If only it was this easy!
AfterAfter
After

Mmmmmmm good!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb