Dumb and Dumber


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 2nd 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately for myself and Gareth our travelling experience was soon to change due to the arrival of Dumb and Dumber a.k.a Bim and Ollie.

I was awoken by two very familiar voices and a 'Christian Burial' bundle at about 11 am which was very early for us considering we were now nocturnal creatures that come out and drink at night and sleep during the day. After being dragged out of bed by Bim and Ollie it wasn't long before we were showing them the main attractions of Buenos Aires - "Here's Mint night club, over there is Opera Bay club and here's Roxies bar........"

The next few days were spent dinning in steak restaurants and drinking in posh clubs such as Opera Bay. This place was amazing!!! By far the best club i've been to, check out this link to see some pics. [url=http://www.operabay.com There are 4/5 rooms (can't quite remember) all playing different types of music each filled with classy Argentinean women. What with the cheap beers, swimming pool and retracting roof for sunrise we were in our element making shapes on the dance floor and even Bim's break dancing attempt went down a treat with the locals.

One evening, in some local restaurant, Gareth, Bim and myself decided to go for a mixed parrilla which is a portable bbq for your table. Not knowing that there were two courses of meat to come we didn't hesitate to tuck into the delicacies of heart, kidney and I don't even want to know what else I was eating. I must apologise to Turner for cutting into some kind of meat (quite possibly a testicle) and it bursting all over him making a very loud popping sound for the whole restaurant to hear and turn around at us. Quite a funny moment.

We were fortunate enough to fit in a Boca Juniors game before we left on a bus to Mendoza. The atmosphere was something hard to describe, quite intimidating but very different from watching Flamengo at the Maracana. The fans were always singing and all wore the number 12 Boca shirt because they say Boca always play with 12 men when their fans are behind them. From where we were sitting we could just see Maradonna hanging out of his box singing with the crowd and i was amazed to see how passionate he and every boca fan was. Unfortunately we had to leave 5 minutes before the end to catch a night bus to Mendoza but were lucky enough to see Boca Juniors score twice in what was an entertaining game.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb