The lounge gods smiled on me


Advertisement
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well blogging buddies I have made it to the airport in good time to be through the long passport control lines and security and have made it into the United Airlines frequent Flyer lounge!! A wonderful way to end the trip with some good fortune and a glass or two of Malbec. I was an Air Canada Elite frequent flyer up until feb 29th when I lost the status,having not flown enough miles in the last year. My ticket however was booked when I was top of the food chain and so with that and my charm I am in a nice comfortable chair in a quiet lounge with snacks and drinks. I love it when a plan comes together.

I left Recolleta after cleaning up the apartment and meeting my landlady to get my 400 dollar deposit back.it was a great place to stay and I will be writing to VRBO.com to put my endorsement on the place and Nancy the land lady.

It is with mixed emotions I leave Argentina but I am sure that South America is in my future. There is something special about the warmth of the climate and of the people in the Americas and I have been treated well and have nothing but good things to say,not withstanding the occasional thief and stabbing!!

The city is special and the country is still reinventing itself after the great crash of 2002 so good things are going to continue to come from here. I love Canada and will always love coming home but I know that once there i will be thinking about the next trip and the next adventure.

Thanks for the comments on the blog,it is fun to write and fun to have things to write about. I know I am not supporting the trabajeros de correo argentina by not sending cards but this is more fun and I can choose the pics I want to send not just the ones on sale on the racks.

I am back in ottawa for five days then fly to Florida for a week of baseball and a week in Key West with a couple of good friends. Did I mention I am enjoying retirement???

Hasta la luego de Buenos Aires Pedro

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb