Dry land


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 23rd 2012
Published: January 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 22ndJanuary



We are cruising slowly up the River Plate having just left Montevideo Uruguay. Its hot and humid and we have spent some of the day walking with a guide round the old part of the city looking at the architecture. Lots of Art Deco and Art nouveau mixed in with colonial Spanish. The city has a beautiful theatre and a couple of very good art galleries, which we visited. It was deserted, being Sunday and everyone at the beach or elsewhere, but definitely not on the streets. Again an attractive city, perhaps worth another visit. Uruguay has no minerals, coal, oil or gas. Agriculture and just recently tourism are the main employers. Seven percent unemployment so they are not doing so badly.

We’ve had our last meal on board, received the bill for the extras and the cases are outside the cabin. We arrive at Buenos Aires sometime in the night and disembark there. Looking forward to the music and tango of Buenos Aires but in fact I’m ready for home now. I can’t understand why I can’t shut my case – I only bought a couple of penguins!



23rd January



Arrived in Buenos Aires – Hot hot in more ways than one. What a fabulous city. Had a huge steak at lunchtime – enough to feed a family of 4 for a week now relaxing with some decent Internet connection before going out to a tango show tonight. BJB and I will be practicing in our room before we go….


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb