BA and the cat that disappeared


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It's cold and raining in BA. We can't distinguish the volcanic ash from the ordinary grey cloud cover.

The ride here was uncomfortable, partly because the only two seats left in super cama were at the rear, by the machinery that drives the air con and where the attendant sorts the rubbish into black plastic sacks, and partly because the roads were bumpy all the way. The traffic on the edge of the city was heavy and the journey took eighteen hours, an hour longer than scheduled. We saw some activity at the Aeroparque as we passed. It seems that there were some domestic flights today, and the international airport had reopened, but there's a suggestion that the volcano might become more active in the next few days.

As it was a wet afternoon, we took in a film at the Gaumont Rivadavia, which is supported by INCAA and shows new Argentinian films for 8 Pesos (just over £1) per person. "El Gato Desaperece" is by Carlos Sorin, who made "Bombon El Perro". There was an audience of fifty or so, which seemed to us to be sizeable for a midweek afternoon in an arts cinema.

We plan to head back to Bar Seddon tonight. One of the pleasures of being back is to visit places that we enjoyed last time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb