The end of South America


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Buenos Aires is such a great city. We went out 3 times in the week we were there and every night was so different from the others. We went to a tiny club with low ceilings playing DnB music, a huge club with several floors playing all the chart songs I hadn’t heard in ages and a warehouse club which was holding a break-dance battle at 2am.
It’s a place where the peak time for eating out is 10 or 11pm and if you don’t have a big slab of juicy meat filling your plate you’re frowned at.
The different areas of the city are so diverse it feels like you could be hundreds of miles away from where you were yesterday. There are the colourful houses and extremely dodgy neighbourhoods of Boca, right next to the rundown but uber trendy cafes and unique shops of San Telmo, which is a 20min tube ride away from wide avenues filled with chic apartment blocks and massive designer stores.
And just as we were standing at the bus stop with all our bags waiting to go to the airport and happy that we had survived notoriously risky South America we got a hustle pulled on us. One man started talking to Alex about which bus he needed to the airport, whilst another woman came up behind me and was repeating a destination in Spanish she was trying to get to. It was all a bit weird that both our attentions had been distracted from our bags so I decided to ignore the woman and look at our stuff, which had a third guy bending down by it who swiftly ‘tied his shoelace’ as I gazed over. They still carried on for another minute trying to distract us but once they realised we had an idea what they were doing suddenly none of them needed the bus anymore and all vanished as quickly as they’d appeared. Very sneaky but not good enough to fool people who have already been travelling for 7 months!
Now it’s off to Hawaii.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb