Day 4


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 21st 2011
Published: February 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Japanese GardenJapanese GardenJapanese Garden

Steve and his satchel in the Japanese Garden
Photos, photos and more photos. That is guaranteed. If nothing else you will take thousands and thousands of photos, especially now that we all carry some form of digital camera. Back in the old days there was just film. It was the determining factor on the number of photos you could take. How much film could you afford, and how much could you carry. And if you lost the film, well it was lost, end of story.

Now with digital cameras you have the luxury of taking as many photos as you can fit on a memory card. And if you fill that up, well you can buy a new memory card with more capacity. And since everything is digital, well now you have the option of backing it all up. At least that way you don’t have to keep buying memory cards. So here we are travelling with a mini laptop, were better to make a copy of the photos, however it doesn’t have a very large hard drive, so we go out and buy an external hard drive. However once we run out of space on the internal, we’ll be relying solely on the external, but that won’t really be a backup so we’ll buy another external hard drive, and then we will have a backup. But then what to do if something happens to one of the external hard drives? Do we buy an extra spare just in case, where does it end?

After securing an external hard drive we went to the posh area of Palermo and checked out the Japanese Garden. Afterwards we went to the trendy shopping area of Palermo and Anna bought a couple of skirts. Having had such a tiring day we decided to get a drink on a terrace and then have something to eat. I know the expression, “When in Rome” and I do try to live by that expression as much as possible, however I love real Mexican food, and well Mexico is part of Latin America so as we’d past a Mexican restaurant during the day that is where Anna and I decided to eat.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.4kb