Buenos Aires, Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 23rd 2010
Published: November 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We time travelled on the way to Argentina as we crossed the date line and after a 13 hour flight we arrived an hour before we left! We found a hostel in the centre of the city and caught up on sleep. The next morning we had to move on and found a cheaper hostel and ended up booking 7 nights there which in hindsight ended up being a bit more than we really wanted. After checking in we met an Italian who’d just returned from hospital after being hit on the head with the butt of a gun by muggers. This made us slightly less adventurous, although he did say it happened in a dodgy area in La Boca where he went wandering off. We still did the must do’s in the city: eating lovely steak (that was bigger than Laura’s head), watching the tango in the street and looking at some architecture. We did a bus tour of the sights and went to the cemetery for the rich and famous including Evita’s grave which was dead interesting.
We’ve now decided against Uruguay as we realised the Iguassu Falls aren’t on the Uruguay border and we didn’t want to miss out on them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb