Week 5 - Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 28th 2010
Published: February 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in B.A. last Monday and after 6 days of fun, steak, wine, and beer its time to head south. Buenos Aires is a great a city and Trace and I have had a fantastic time here.

We arrived tired and exhausted after a 17 hour bus ride to our hostel in San Telmo last Monday and hit the town that night. We went to a percussion show in town called La Bomba. The venue was like something out of Shoreditch but on a grander scale. They packed the place out so the atmosphere was good if cosy! The night kicked on afterwards, when we met up with some friends from Brazil and then met a random Argentinian guy who took us for Pizza! It would be fair to say that he was more interested in the four single girls we were with than Trace and I, but he was great value nevertheless.

We spent the next day exploring the centre of B.A. before going to a famous steak restaurant called La Cabrera. On Wednesday we visited an area of town called La Boca, famous for its football team and its brightly coloured buildings, before heading to a Tango show in the evening. The music was really good, even if it was a bit touristy.

On Thursday morning we got up early and took a ferry to Uruguay for the day. We went to a place called Colonia de Sacramento, which had been billed as a highlight of Uruguay. To be honest it was a bit disappointing. Its a nice enough place but after about 2 hours Trace and I were a bit bored of the place - unfortunately we had another 5 hours until the ferry home.

The last couple of days have been more chilled out. The two key highlights were going to a Boca Juniors football match on Friday night in La Boca, great atmosphere, even if the other team leveled the scores in injury time, and a cool antiques market in San Telmo today.

So in about 3 hours we head down to Patagonia to a place called Puerto Madryn for Wildlife spotting and Welsh tea rooms. Then onto El Calefate, El Chalten and Antarctica! Hope all are well. xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb