Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 2nd 2010
Published: February 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So as we parted way with Richard from Alaska we were back on our way to Argentina, more specifically Buenos Aires!!
We got the boat across the Rio Uraguay to the small BA suburb called Tigre.
Once back on Argentine soil we jumped on the local train and were BA bound. 40 minutes later we were in the hustel and bustle of the big city. Luckily we had organised with a friend we met in Bolivia to stay in her apartment. The apartment ws only 10 blocks from the station which was perfect. We walked the 10 blocks up hill with our big bags to friend that our friend, Carito was not at home. We gaver her a quick call and an hour later were safely in her apartment finally having a wash!!
That evening she brought us out for Argentina steak which was delicious. I cant so enough about the steak over here. It is just so good! We had a few drinks but were home early by 12.
The next couple of days were spent wandering around all the city highlights including the huge graveyard, the Boca area, Palermo area etc. The city is really beautiful but the heat only allows for one or two excursions in the day before getting too tired and sweaty to move!
One of the nights we had a small party in the apartment with some of Caritos friends coming over for drinks. We went out partying again on our lst night before we parted with the beautiful Buenos Aires!
On our last day when we were about to get the bus Carito called us to tell us to be careful as there was riots at the bus station and she told us to turn on the TV. We turned it on and saw people throwing rocks at the buses. Not the best thing you want to see as your heading there!
We had no choice as we already had bought the tickets and couldnt afford to lose them so we ventured down to the station. Fortunately things had seemed to ease off when we arrived but there ws definately panic around. Nobody seemed to know when our bus would be leaving so we had to wait outside the office of our bus company for them to let everyone know when the bus would leave. 2 hours later we all had to run downstairs and quickly onto the bus to relax for 18 our on the bus!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb