From Buenos Aires Into Uruguay


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 12th 2010
Published: January 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All, sorry about the delay! We've been pretty busy, and it can be hard to get a decent internet connection here. And of course we've been a bit lazy! We're in Mendoza now, but we'll catch up with our blog over the next couple of days.

Since our last blog......

We really enjoyed Buenos Aires and thanks to a very helpful tango enthusiast/bar man we managed to watch a tango show, in San Telmo for a reasonable price however we quickly realised that we were the youngest people amongst the audience! The tango dancers were amazing but the highlight of the show had to have been the Gaucho. The photo does nt do him much justice as he was swinging his "rocks on ropes" around at an incredible speed!

We also went to a few other parts of the City, one of the highlights being the most impressive Cemetary we ve ever seen, in Recoleta (take a look at the pics).

We said goodbye to our new found mates at the Parrilla bar after trying Choripan (sausage sandwiches) and caught a ferry to Colonia de Sacremento, Uruguay. The town was a little bit strange as it felt like it had been stuck in a time warp... or as we put it "polished up for the tourists like the Truman Show" where vintage cars lined the cobbled streets.

Despite our mad dash to try and beat the other tourists to a cheap Hostel, we ended up spoiling ourselves and staying in an air conitioned hotel room with ensuite and TV!!! After Greg dragged me out of the room we moved on to Montevideo...tbc



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb