Back in BA


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
November 27th 2009
Published: November 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola Chicos,
So today we were planning to check out San Telmo and La Boca but after reaching San Telmo it was starting to rain pretty heavy and nothing much was happening because of it, so we decided to head home and catch up on these areas another day cos we still have a bit of time in BA. So i thought i´d take this opportunity to catch up on the blog before we set off on our first GAP tour from BA to Rio.

24/11 Tuesday
It was up early today to check out of Hotel in Santi and take off on over 24 hours worth of bus travel back to BA via Mendoza. Catching the subway to the bus station across town during peak hour turned out to be a bit of a drama as I managed to barge my way onto a subway car which Tomas did not. So it was a worrying few minutes for me waiting at our subway stop to see if he would arrive on the next subway, which thankfully he did. From there we managed to find the right bus station and got on our bus which we had booked first class for. So it was back through the Andes which still amazed after a second trip. Customs wasn´t as bad this time but still an hour or so wait about 5km up and in the freezing cold wind. When we got back down the other side into Mendoza where we had a couple of hours till our next bus it was unbelieveably hot, about 40 degrees at 7pm when we were there so not the most pleasant couple of hours waiting in a bus station. We eventually got back into the beautifully air conditioned bus for the overnight leg of the trip to BA. Other then another amazing Lightening show during the early part of the night it was an uneventful trip where i actually managed to grap a solid 8 hours of sleep.

25/11 Wednesday
Arrived in BA around 11am and slowly walked up to apartment in hot and sweaty weather. It was still to early to check in so we dumped our bags and headed out to lunch and then wrote that last blog. By that time we could check in and spent the afternoon showering and recovering. That night we were watching tv when all the news stations cut to a live feed of some riots that were occuring in BA. Turned out it was actually in front of Congress which is on our street about 10 blocks down. So Thomas managed to convince me to stay in the hotel and watch rather then going for a closer look which given some of the stuff we saw probably turned out to be a good idea.

26/11 Thursday
So yesterday we had a nice sleep in after a night distrubted by a faulty air conditioner. We then headed outr to explore the Palermo area. We caught the subway out which is also pretty good here and started by walking around the streets of Palermo Viejo (old). We then went and checked out the botanical gardens which were quite nice before heading across to the Zoo. Zoo was actually pretty good, big and reseasonable conditions for most of the animals to live in. Spent a couple of hours strolling around and grabbed some lunch before we left. Then went across to the Observatory dome but there was no shows for a couple of hours so wasnt much to see. So we walked across to the Japanese Gardens which were amazingly beauiful and well worth an hour or so walking around. By this time we had done a fair bit of walking so we headed home checking out some other important buildings on the way. Jumped in the pool which felt great on the legs when we got home before heading out around 8pm to check our uni resluts which had just come out fri morning Aus time. Thomas and I were both very pleased with our results so went out to dinner to celebrate where Juan Martin Del Potro was playing Fedder on TV so all the patrons were very involved in that and pretty pumped when he won to get into the Masters Semi´s. Went and did some supermarket shopping after and then went home to bed.

27/11 Friday
So that brings us to today which has pretty much been written off by a stormy wet day. Only highlight was hearing the loudest crack of thunder ever which sounded like it was cleaving the air right above the hotel apart. Tomorrow we check out of the Apartment sadly and into the GAP hotel where we meet our tour group which will be exciting. Then day after we are still in BA before heading off on Monday to Uruguay and onwards 😊

hope everyone is well,
Sam

Advertisement



27th November 2009

nother exciting episode
Sounds Like you are wearing a grove in the waistline od S America. Hope your GAP tour guid is good because you are doing a fantastic job on your own. Congrats againt to both of you for the uni results.
27th November 2009

Wow
Glad you connected together again, sounds like dad and me in Japan. Scary wait. Just had my first upstairs shower- nice. Your trip sounds so fantastic - given us itchy feet. Love reading all about it. love Mum
30th November 2009

loving the blog mate, sounds beautiful where you are. you should of joined in the riot at congress, that's real south america you missed out on...have a good tour boys, look forward to hearing bout it

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb