Back to BsAs


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 16th 2006
Published: February 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We head back to Buenos Aires for three more days of exploration, sorry not to have scored more vino tinto. We are limited to what we can carry and the vagaries of the credit card system. Another reason to return in the near future.

After an easy morning by the pool at the Nuevo Hotel San Francisco, we take two taxis to the Mendoza airport for our return to Newberry Aeroparque. The taxis will carry four passengers (barely - they are what we would call compacts from Chevrolet and Peugeot ), but not luggage. But at $4 to $6 for almost any trip, it's affordable.

Thursday night we head back to the Recoleta for dinner. Our first stop is really a bar and it is packed to overflowing and rumbling with music to compliment the meet and connect atmosphere. A little too over the top for good dining conversation, the bar is abandoned in favor of a small restaurant that literally just opened. Holden and Julia recognize the building as one that had been completely covered and closed only the week before. The menu is appealing and we always like to patronize new, local businesses, so we decide to eat there. Good food and drinks and we have the complete attention of the wait staff.

After dinner, we head back to the bar, fortified to face the throngs. A nice walk back to the hotel settles the stomach and clears the head.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb