Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 14th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=L1704y6Q37k][youtube=K3KMYQq1eJk]Saturday morning we said goodbye to our two outstanding tour directors, Zeca and Marcia. We then had a tour of Buenos Aires before boarding our ship around noon. It was lackluster tour with only two stops. Our first stop was at La Recoleta Cemetery. This is a beautiful and historical cemetery. The Cemetery includes graves of some of the most influential and important Argentinians, including several presidents, scientists, and wealthy characters. Internationally, Eva Perón is the best-known person buried in this cemetery. Our only other stop was in La Boca. La Boca is a popular destination for tourists visiting Argentina, with its colourful houses and pedestrian street, the Caminito, where tango artists perform and tango-related memorabilia is sold. This might have been an interesting stop if you didn't have to beat the peddlers off with a stick. And every tour bus in the city stops here so it was very crowded. Our last stop was at the pier where we boarded the Star Princess four our 16-day cruise around the horn of South America and down to Antarctica. We set sail at 5:30 P.M. and headed down the Río de la Plata toward Montevideo.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb