Buenos Aries and 5 star backpacking


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 6th 2009
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After the hardships of Hostel life, the occasional night in a dorm room and worse still, Hostel toilets, we were both quite happy to be inauthentic backpackers and kick back on the Executive lounge enjoying the free food and drink. And most importantly, apparently, fresh smelling towels and bed linen!
Waiting for us in reception was our Canadian friend Tyler, looking inconspicuous in the Hilton lobby with a chin full of stitches after a disagreement with a car on New Years. But his recovery was much aided by the free food on offer.
That afternoon hew took us on a walking tour of the City and after getting our bearings it was back to the Hotel for happy hour and a swim, although obviously not in that order Mums.
Next day Cherie was coaxed back onto a bicycle, although this was a town bike and just a short ride around a large town park. The afternoon we went to San Telmo markets where Cherie wanted to buy eveything once again and had now began thinking about buying another bag to carry all the purchases she wants... Andy was keeping a close eye on his wallet, less for the pickpockets and more for Cherie. A highlight of the afternoon was Cherie thinking she was talking to Andy that ´her house was goona be so full of cool stuff´only to realise she was talking the ear off a petrified young American lad.
The rest of the afternoon we happened to find a display of tango dancing in one of the market squares, which has convinced Andy that it´s a dance he´d rather watch rather to participate in.
The following day was a pool day and we went out for a nice dinner before an early flight the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb