Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 5th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Buenos Aires, finally!!



We arrived on Wednesday 30 July 2008 in Buenos Aires after a 13 hour flight from Johannesburg via Cape Town. We stayed in San Telmo, the older district in Buenos Aires. The area is very nice, and the central district (Centro) is within walking distance.

The hostel we stayed in was very nice and we met many nice people. The only drawback was that the hostel was very noisy, as the other guests partied at all times of the day and night while we wanted to sleep our jet-lag off.

Generally, we did not do much sightseeing in Buenos Aires, we will do that when we are back for the second time in a while.

We ate some of the legendary Argentinean steaks and to be brutally honest, it's not all that great. Don't get us wrong, the steaks are good and gigantic, but they do not come close to good South African steaks.

We walked around San Telmo and Centro a lot, ate at different places, visited the San Telmo Fair, where they sell all sorts of antiques. The fair is an antique hunter's dream! Everything from old horse bridles and stirrups, old crockery, old posters and glasses, vases, etc.

We flew to Lima on Tuesday, the 5th of August, then flew to Cuzco at 5:50 the next morning (Lima time). This will, however, be a topic for the next blog entry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Bernhard and beerBernhard and beer
Bernhard and beer

Bernhard having an Argentinean beer
Bernhard in parkBernhard in park
Bernhard in park

Avenida 9 de Julio
Bernhard in San TelmoBernhard in San Telmo
Bernhard in San Telmo

The old district
Busy streetsBusy streets
Busy streets

San Telmo fair on Sundays
Standard BankStandard Bank
Standard Bank

in Buenos Aires


8th August 2008

Seems the beer (size) should be legendary, not the steaks!

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb