south america


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 4th 2008
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well hello to any whom are getting this blog update, i am sorry for being slak and this only being my second update, but for those whom now me they would have expected nothing else.

THE BLOG
we visited an area called puerta madryn on east coast, the area is full of southern write whales they where close enough to see the barnicals on their noses, quite amazing, we went on a bike ride out to see the whales on day and got caught in a down pour thoe a nice local driving a watering truck for wetting the dusty roads picked us up and took us back to town.

we stayed in a ski resort area that was renowned for their chocolates and hot chocolates leanne was in heaven, i eat some just to support her in her addiction.!! a very beautiful town surounded by snow caped mountains and large lakes and beautiful forests.

i attempted to climb a vocanoe in chile (lakes district) and as in england a few years ago with my brother and his wife the snow came down, thoe unlike in england this time wind came with it we climbed from 1100m altitude to 2780m, this was 20m short of the summit as the storm prevented us from saftly asending any further, our faces and hands where frozen numb even with gloves on, the asent was hard for the first while but after 40min we got below the storm line and there was no wind and realitivly clear skies, some people had taken snow boards up with them, now why did i not think of that!! it was a fun slide down.

We both treked around torris del paine, in patagonia, this was amazing thoe very hard work, leanne and i had got over a upset stomach that had lasted 8 days for leanne and 6 for me so we where both a little run down, so we found the pace hard going, the trek took us around a mountain rang that was nothing short of impresive, beauitiful lakes steep snow caped mountains condors flighing around looking for food(not us as we where still alive at that stage) condors are overgrowin vultures bout 3m wing span. this was three day trek.

We traveled through the salahra in the southern part of bolivia, this consisted of a 4 day jeep ride through changing landscape it started of in a little town not worth mentioning then a short ride to a train graveyard, this was neat all the trains in bolivia go here to die, a photographers paridise. from here we entered the salahra which was a masive salt dessert some thing like 10.000kmtrs sqrd. we drove through it to think that this whole place that is lets say 2000kms from the current sea was once apart of that same sea, all changed when a great earth quake lifted this area including the andes up into the sky. we came to an island that is solid corral, not growing anymore obviously but when its was under water what a sight it must have been, it is now not covered in tropical fish but in very pointy and massive cactuses, some over 1000yrs old. then traveled of the salt lake taking bout 5hrs to do this, that nite we stayed in a house made out of salt, they cut big bricks of salt from the naturaly compacted salt lake bout the size of breeze bricks and build the house all walls and tables and chairs and beds are made out of the salt bricks, very beautiful thoe very cold. 8degrees in side -5 outside at nite. then we traveled through the volcanoe area, this area was so different rich reds and greys and yellows all flowing from the old volcanoes, some are still smoking today, we travelled to a bolivia equaivelent to rotorua, not as impressive as rotorua. passed some amazing green lakes much grander than thoes in rotorua, and yes there where the pink flimingos everywhere, beautiful.
the next morning we got up early and visited a hot pool, yes naturaly heated thermal pool right on the lakes edge, stunning not a cloud in the sky, thoe i was the only one in our group to venture into it as there was a cold wind, that ment when you got out it was very chilly.!!

we thats all for now i will hopefully add photos next time including all that i have wrote of today, hope all is well we only have 2 more days left, but is ok we have just been invited to spain for 9 days when we get to england, so 2wks of looking for jobs and apartments and then of to spain, please dont hate us it realy is hard work this traveling thing he he

lata for now seton and leanne

ps this update is in reverse order of where we traveled sorry it just happend that way.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb