Visiting the markets and Cementerio de la Recoleta


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to go and visit La Recoleta cemetery, where all the prominent and famous Argentinians are laid to rest. Of those, there is Eva “Evita” Peron, who surprisingly and unsurprisingly is the most iconic past figure there, and also one that everyone comes to see and mind you with that also comes with the territory, in terms of the fact that to take a picture of her you have to wait in line!

The place in general was beautiful, and after that we just basically walked around the area and near the place and the cool thing about that is on the weekends they have the markets, where lots of my favourite bohemian goods are sold. The amazing thing about Argentina is that the street art is literally amazing and some are so complex and cool to analyse, like it is literally just like walking into a museum and having fun checking out all the pictures. So amazing!!! My favourite would have to be the textured version of La Boca’s famous El Caminito.

After that we walked further up north and got to a tourist information center to basically just ask for a bit more help in trying to arrange mini and weekends trips like going to the borders of Argentina-Brazil and Uruguay. But before that I made a wish, well at least I think I did in the market place! Yay, the guy was so amazing in his silver like appearance….



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb