Police Certificate


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 21st 2007
Published: March 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

"I am not a tourist, I live here"

I am the proud owner of a Certificado de Domicilio.

Probably the easiest paper to get. You go to the police station (250m down the street) and ask for it. They tell you a police officer will come the next day to your place and check whether you are living there. 8-14h. Working time... Doesnt matter, give a copy of your DNI to the portero. I do not have a DNI (actually, that was what the copy was planned to be for. Until then). OK, passport copy. Policeman will talk to portero, whether he knows you, if he is so nice to say yes, he will hand over the certificate for you. 10 Pesos.

Actually, the officer just placed the document in the mailbox. Never got any document so quickly and easy.

Unfortunately the rest of the story is so sad and complicated, that I will frame that document now. Together with another one, historical (my history).

By now, living in this country for so many years (for periods), I am not even suprised by the fact that a police man comes into the station to start his shift and kisses his male colleagues with tough short haircuts on the cheek.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1004.9kb