Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 11th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we arrived in Buenos Aires after a very long trip (From Eindhoven to Amsterdam at 6 in the morning, flying to Sao Paulo to change planes there and after a couple of hours waiting the connecting flight to Buenos Aires where we arrived around midnight).

We're staying in this hotel mansion dandi royal hotel
a very nice classic tango hotel south of the Buenos Aires city center.

First full day in city we spend the whole day from early morning till late afternoon wandering through the city. Buenos Aires is a real metropole. Walking through the city you will frequently feel waterdrops from the airconditioner falling down on your head. The trafic is very heavy and since most of the cars, busses and trucks are old, the air quality is not great.
The city has very exclusive and nice neighbourhoods as well as poor areas. The recently renovated harbour area is very nice, specially with all the restaurants and bars is a great place to hang out or enjoy a break after a long walk.
The city center also has many great parks, well maintained and providing a lot of shade during the hottest times of day. We enjoyed one of these parks having a long lunch from noon till 2 avoiding having to walk in the heat.

Our second day the temperatures were even higher and the air humid. Due to a lack of sleep and the weather conditions we were both very tired and decided to spend time in hotel catching up some sleep to make sure we were ready to catch our very early flight next day to Trelew.
In the evening we wandered around around the plaze republica and had a quick diner.

At 3.45 AM we got up to catch our flight to Trelew. The streets were not empty at all, buses were transporting early birds to work. It was raining heavy!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb