7 Mar 2017 – at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
March 8th 2017
Published: March 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hello from the high seas. This will probably be a fairly short report because we were “at Sea” all day and we followed the doctor’s orders and had a restful day.



We slept late and then went up for a small breakfast in the Horizon Court. It wasn’t too crowded so many other people apparently were sleeping even later than us. But we slept as long as we had wanted. Then Janet went to meet the knitting group up on deck-18 and made more progress with her projects.



David went to hear the port description of tomorrow’s destination. It’s not a particularly involved place (like Rio or Buenos Aires) and the session only lasted half an hour. Then he went to the Fitness Center and walked on a treadmill for a while. But it was crowded and they were imposing a 30 minute limit on the equipment so other people would get a turn too. So David only walked about 1.5 miles today.



We met back in the cabin and did some reading and napping until 1:00. Then we went to the Pizzeria for lunch. We got pepperoni pizzas but it was so crowded outside that we had to go into the Horizon Court to find a table. David was very disappointed that they have run out of lemonade – hopefully they stop at a store a pick up a new supply (or maybe in port tomorrow). We got some desserts and then went in search of a Margarita Demonstration at 2:00.



The demo turned out to be outside and was pretty hot today, so Janet went to the cabin instead to watch a movie. David watched the demo and then came back and changed to go to the pool. It was a bright sunny day all day and even with the breeze from the ship, it was fairly warm outside (we didn’t get a specific afternoon temperature but the ship’s intranet posted 87 degrees at 9:00). Anyway, the pool and many of the deck chairs were pretty full with sun worshipers. But David enjoyed the pool area from 3:00-4:00.



After returning to the cabin for shower and to change for dinner, we went to get some appetizers first. We sat with the Canadian couple (Debbie & Craig) whom we have seen there on several occasions. They asked where we had been the past couple of days – guess they just expected us to be there each evening. We explained about Janet’s accident but were able to tell them that she was much better and is getting around almost as well as before Rio. Having gotten several e-mails with encouragement and words of advice probably also helped in her speedy recovery. Anyway, tonight was Sushi Night so we just had a little cheese, but Janet had the special drink called a Japanese Slipper.



For dinner this evening, Janet had the Fettuccini with Chicken Breast and David had Pork Chops. Beforehand we had various other servings of Shrimp & Scallop cocktail, cold Mango & Pear Soup, and fresh pineapple rings. For dessert Janet had chocolate sorbet and David had hot fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream.



We went to the theater this evening and saw the last Production Show from this cast of singers and dancers. They are leaving the ship soon and a new cast of performers is coming aboard for the remainder of the cruise. That is actually another “first time” experience for us. The show was called MoTown and was a fairly high energy song and dance show, which we enjoyed.



Now we have returned to the cabin and are settling down for a good night’s sleep before we go on our tour tomorrow. So that marks the end of our restful day. Good night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb