Sept. 21st, 2011: Whales, surf & sunset cheese


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
September 21st 2011
Published: October 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

17 34.118 S
149 52.459 W

At Anchor
Crew: Cyrus putting on music, Brett cooking Mahi Mahi, Peter, Mac & Colby star-gazing... Brooke writing


The adventure begins. We departed Tahiti after the cleaning, organizing, prepping, provisioning, storing and hugging our new friends from all corners of the Earth.. the healer from New Zealand, the Belgium girl who HATES beer, the Gypsies, professional crews.. the raw chicken foot eaters. We wave and horns blast their farewells as we exit the reef and head out of the pass to Moorea, only a couple hour sail away. Terns and Gulls shout their greetings and 2 humpbacks with snow white flukes dive below us. We anchor in a perfect sandy bay at Haapiti, home of some of the best surf on the planet. Yes.. Brett was drooling and dancing before we got into the bay and as we could hear the occasional hoot of delight from the wave at the pass... Peter, Mac and myself go for a swim and were immediately greeted by 3 spotted eagle rays, pincushion stars, trails of marlin spike auger shells wove patterns in the sand... light danced in decorative rainbow wreaths of light along the bottom... we could hear Polynesian drumming from the shore. Clown fish snuggled in anemones and shiny tiger cowrie shells glistened in the reef.. fish danced, and so did I. It feels good to be home.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb