A day on the Adriatic


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
October 5th 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Relaxing on the Adriatic

Today was another wonderfully relaxing day at sea as we made our way towards the highlight of the cruise: Venice.  Everything we did today was leisurely: a lovely breakfast in our favourite restaurant, a read of a good book by the pool, then a lovely long swim and dunk in the jacuzzi followed by a lovely lunch.  This afternoon we went to a lecture on astronomy which started off being about Galileo and ended with some amazing photographs of the moons of Jupiter.  After that we wandered to the top deck where we watched a fantastic glass blowing demonstration.  There are 3 full-time (and exceptionally talented) glass blowers on board and we sat mesmerised for 2 hours.  And all of that was while surrounded by half an acre of lawn.  There really are some amazing features on modern cruise ships.

Tonight's show in the main theatre was a bit of an ordeal by microphone.  Why do singers pick either songs no-one's heard of or songs you know and then sing them to arrangements you don't?!  We normally thoroughly enjoy a bit of live music but the best bit about tonight's show was when it ended!!

So now it's back to our cabin to plan our day in Venice tomorrow.  We arrive early in the morning so an early breakfast should set us up for an early water taxi ride to St Mark's Square and then explore the cathedral and the Doge's Palace and practise our bartering technique to see if we can get a gondola ride for something in between what we want to pay and what they want to charge.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 985kb